[pdftex] Possible bug in image inclusion, bug report site down

Marcel Korpel marcel.lists at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 13:53:30 CET 2015

On Sun, Feb 15, 2015 at 2:13 AM, Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:
> I think you have discovered that pdfTeX does not handle CMYK JPEG
> files. This should be no wonder since JPEG is not equipped to handle
> CMYK files (maybe it should warn about their usage).

Ah, I thought so, since Photoshop is able to store CMYK colours in JPEG files.

> Please convert your CMYK files to PDF.

Hmm, if I do so (with Photoshop), I can store the image with JPEG
compression in CMYK colours (table too wide for inclusion, see
attachment). Or should I choose ZIP compression in this case?

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Regards,
Marcel