[pdftex] issue with \cite and \footnote

mario chiari ml at mariochiari.net
Sun Jun 1 00:05:25 CEST 2014

Hi

I hope I am not OT (and to be able to explain myself)

I have a \cite command within a \footnote, whose text is quite long.
It happens that the footnote is rendered across two pages.
Book references are rendered as a hyperlink to the corresponding
bibliographic entry.

In the final .pdf output, if a book reference happen to be rendered,  at
the very last line of the footnote, crossing two pages (say pages 1 and
2), I have an issue.
Issue is that hyperlink spans from the beggining of the reference (say
within the footnote at the bottom of page 1), all along page 2, to the
end of the book reference at the bottom of page 2.

Is it a known issue? Is there a way to fix?
thanks, regards
mario