[pdftex] PDF/X-3

Philipp Kraus philipp.kraus at flashpixx.de
Fri May 31 18:25:49 CEST 2013

Hello,

I try to build my TeX document with \usepackage{pdfx} to create PDF/X-3
file (pdflatex), but if I use only this package the build process
breaks with:
pdfTeX warning (Object streams): \pdfobjcompresslevel > 0 requires \pdfminorver
sion > 4. Object streams disabled now.
/usr/local/texlive/2012/texmf-dist/tex/latex/pdfx/pdfx.sty:137: pdfTeX error (e
xt5): cannot open file for embedding.
l.137 ...eam attr{/N 4}  file{sRGBIEC1966-2.1.icm}

I have taken a look to the documentation of the package, but I don't
find any information to push an information to pdfx for the version 3.
A parameter like pdf-1a does not work also.

I use also
\usepackage[cymk]{xcolor}
\substitutecolormodel{rgb}{cmyk}

\usepackage[pdftex,breaklinks=true,plainpages=false]{hyperref}

and xmpincl.

Can anybody help me to create a correct PDF/X-3 file with pdflatex,
please? I don't use any images like JPEG, PDF all images are TikZ files
which are
rendered by pdftex. I think I need also some color profiles, how can I
get them?

Thanks a lot

Phil