[pdftex] Getting started with JavaScript and pdftex

Suresh Govindachar sgovindachar at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 23 22:19:28 CET 2012

Hello,

I have started looking at Adobe's SDK from
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat.html but am unclear about incorporating
JavaScript from TeX via pdftex.  As an example, I would like to include the
following code into the pdf from TeX:

   function second()
   {
     var cChoice = app.popUpMenu("one", "two", "-",
                  [ "three", "three.one", "three.two" ] );
                  app.alert("You chose " + cChoice);
   }

and create a link in the document whose action is to call second().

I looked at pdftex-l.pdf but couldn't figure out how to include the code and
the call to the function on a click.  Please point me to an example.

Thanks,

--Suresh