[pdftex] [Support Request] Cross-compilation of pdftex

Paulo Ney de Souza desouza at math.berkeley.edu
Mon Oct 31 01:40:56 CET 2011

  But that should not be much of an impediment. Kaveh Bazarghan and
Jonathan Kew have managed to compile XeTeX for the iPhone

    http://river-valley.tv/tex-as-an-ebook-reader/

and the work for the iPad and Android should be of similar magnitude.

The biggest impediment would be dealing with file system - which is very
different, in the iOS case, and not as much so on Android.

It is easy to compile C for Android target, and that should be the
preferred path here

    http://www.pocketmagic.net/?p=682

I have used TeX in both WindowsCE and Sharp Zaurus which were way more
difficult to deal with ... here at the pointers to those compilations:

http://web.archive.org/web/20091017212151/http://www.rainer-keuchel.de/wince/texce.html

     http://www.snowelm.com/~t/doc/tips/20031120.en.html

The lack of a Android distribution is the sole reason why I pack 3
devices to go these days, I would be really nice to see it included in
TeXLive one day ... :)

Paulo Ney

--
Paulo Ney de Souza