[pdftex] pdflatex: landscape document, portrait insertions with includepdf results in page numbers placed badly

Andreas Holzhammer andreas.holzhammer at m-invent.de
Tue Nov 29 09:59:23 CET 2011

Hi all,

I'm trying to insert a given PDF-file in portrait orientation into a
landscape document, which works well using the "fitpaper"-option.
Unfortunately, page numbers get placed as if the pages were still in
landscape. This is what I run in pdflatex:

\documentclass[a4paper,landscape,10pt]{scrartcl}
\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
\usepackage{pdfpages}
\begin{document}
This is the first page, all fine in landscape orientation.
\includepdf[fitpaper=true,pagecommand={\thispagestyle{plain}}]{drawing.pdf}
\end{document}

I didn't find any options to pass to \includepdf to change that.
I tried fancyhdr and pagecommand={\cfoot{\thepage}} which doesn't result
in anything better.
Document class "article" produces the same.

Any help greatly appreciated :-)

Best regards

Andreas Holzhammer