[pdftex] "fi" can not be copied correctly in a pdf generated by pdflatex

Ross Moore ross.moore at mq.edu.au
Mon Nov 14 06:53:03 CET 2011

Hello Peng,

On 14/11/2011, at 3:40 PM, Peng Yu wrote:

> Hi Eric,
>
>>    \usepackage[resetfonts]{cmap}
>
> The above code works for the word "Definition" in the main text but
> not for the one in the table of the content.

Hmm. That's strange, and surely a bug in  cmap.sty .

> Is there anything special
> about the table of the content? How to fix it for the table of content
> as well?

Try

  \usepackage[noTeX]{mmap}

instead of the line for   \usepackage{cmap} .
(Not sure what the [resetfonts] is for )

Does this now work for you?
It does for me, but I'm using an updated version of  mmap.sty
that isn't generally released yet.

Hopefully the older version also works in this kind
of situation.

> \documentclass[11pt, a4paper, titlepage]{report}
> \usepackage[resetfonts]{cmap}
> \begin{document}
> \tableofcontents
> \chapter{Introduction}