[pdftex] [Support Request] Cross-compilation of pdftex

Kevin Jonas Young youngkevinjonas at gmail.com
Thu Nov 10 22:41:14 CET 2011

Thank you very much for your help! Although some questions persist...

I looked through the links you provided me with - River-Valley seems to be the most promising -
however it seems suprising to me that the WinCE developers didn't release their source code.
Would have been very helpful to see how they compiled TeX in detail.

As far as the compilation of C/C++ on the Android target is concerned, you'd better refer to the
official documentation, as the process has simplified greatly over the past couple of years (your
link describes an outdated procedure)

	http://developer.android.com/sdk/ndk/overview.html#docs

as well as a really helpful blog entry

	http://vilimpoc.org/blog/2010/09/26/straightforward-android-native-executables/

If I could only get somebody to unravel the mysteries of the build system for pdfTeX, then
I could at least make some re-evaluations. From my combing through the source code it's
very clear that the entire pdfTeX source (from the TeXLive distribution) is written in C/C++;
nothing else. Of course I'm fully aware that this is a tough nut to crack. But I like the challenge.

I'd be very thankful if you could provide me with a contact from the pdfTeX developer team,
it's always easier to talk to someone who has built the system in consideration at least
once before.

With kind regards,
Kevin