[pdftex] basic for Pdftex

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Thu Mar 17 03:03:25 CET 2011

On 2011-03-16 at 21:37:58 +0100, Martin Schršder wrote:

 > 2011/3/16 arun ganesh <arun_taurean at live.com>:
 > > I'm a beginner.I'm working on Ubuntu 10.04 (Lucid).Actully i have
 > > to work on Pdflatex/ pdftex. I googled but wasn't able to find a
 > > good tutorial.Can u send me the links where they have all the
 > > basics for handling pdftex?? And also is Pdftex/pdflatex an
 > > editor or compiler????
 >
 > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/pdfTeX

Hi Martin,
I'm glad to see that you point newcomers to Wikipedia now instead of
Google.  This is a great step forward because Wikipedia is maintained
while Google tries to find everything, regardless of its relevance.

However, I prefer to point newcomers simply to

  http://tug.org/begin

because I'm convinced that this is the best starting point.

Similarly, if people have questions about LaTeX packages, texdoc
always provides better results than Google, Wikipedia, or anything
else.

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749Ð1832):

  "Warum in die Ferne schweifen? Sieh, das Gute liegt so nah!"

  "Why search far afield when the good is so nearby?"

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25