[pdftex] PDF empty with Acrobat / xpdf

James Quirk jjq at galcit.caltech.edu
Mon Jun 27 17:19:18 CEST 2011

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011, Philippe CHAUVAT wrote:

> This is a file which describe the issue.
>
> Please note:
> - letter package (Denis Mégévand) was modified by me, specially to
> integrate a "background page" (letter head) through an include picture
> and (for a long letter) with \BackgroundPic macro like this:
>
> \newcommand\BackgroundPic{
> \put(0,0){
> \parbox[b][\paperheight]{\paperwidth}{%
> \vfill
> \centering
> \if at appendix%
> \else
> \ifodd\c at page%
> \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight,keepaspectratio]{page-noprint}%
> \else%
> \includegraphics[width=\paperwidth,height=\paperheight,keepaspectratio]{page-noprint-verso}%
> \fi
> \fi
>
> cheers
> Philippe
Phillipe,

For your test PDF, Linux Adobe Reader 7.0.8 pops up an alert box
"Wrong operand type" which suggests that your PDF is malformed.
Hence the blank page. Higher versions of Linux AR all fail silently.

In your position I would use a slash and burn approach to pinpoint the
offending element i.e. start pruning the document, bit by bit, until it
will render in AR. Then once you've found the offending element,
I would apply the same technique on it.

Good luck!

James