[pdftex] SVG Graphics

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Sat Jun 11 22:43:19 CEST 2011

On Sat, 2011-06-11 at 07:02 -0300, George N. White III wrote:
> I take this to mean you have no need for a plain text version (.info files)?

That's right. =)

> Sounds like a job for ConTeXt, except that the distro packaging is not
> yet there.
> That leaves latex.

I think ConTeXt might be the way to go as well.

> texinfo to latex should not be a huge job.

A combination of GNU sed and find should do the trick, although I need
to brush up on my regexps.

> What you describe is very far from the typical latex document -- even further
> from texinfo.
>
> Color and hyperlinks are not part of the original tex design, so support for
> such elements is a weakness in latex. There have been efforts to develop
> newer markup languages, but with latex you get something reliable.  Is it
> better to fight to overcome  the limitations of latex or to overcome the bugs
> in a newer markup language?
>
> Perhaps someone else can suggest existing examples based on latex.
>
> You should probably try mocking up some sample pages using latex.

I think what I'll do is try ConTeXt minimal for now. Unfortunately there
is no up to date package for Ubuntu, so I will have to install from
source outside the safety of the package manager and FHS.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred