[pdftex] SVG Graphics

Kip Warner kip at thevertigo.com
Thu Jun 9 03:12:22 CEST 2011

On Wed, 2011-06-08 at 21:09 -0400, Victor Ivrii wrote:
> State of pdftex is summarized at
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=luatex
>
> In TeXLive 2011 lualatex (LuaTeX-0.70.1) handles without any problem
> 2700 pages output with tons of packages and includes loaded - despite
> the fact that it was made for pdflatex. MSome of these packages (in
> particular, microtype) were redesigned to provide lualatex
> compatibility.
>
> So probably transition to lualatex / luatex will be rather smooth
>
> Victor

Yes, I don't dispute that. It's clearly more mature than the original
pdftex. It just doesn't help me right now because I haven't the time to
read a 194 page manual.

My makefile simply invokes pdftex through:
texi2dvi --pdf -I Images --build-dir=$(CACHE) $(MAIN_SOURCE)

If it's as simple as replacing texi2dvi string with luatex, which it
isn't, then I'd do it. I just tried and it got hung up at an interactive
Lua shell, which is not so useful for me.

--
Kip Warner -- Software Engineer
OpenPGP encrypted/signed mail preferred