[pdftex] Colored background for pdftex document.

Jim Diamond Jim.Diamond at acadiau.ca
Sat Jan 15 18:58:38 CET 2011

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 12:46 (-0500), John Culleton wrote:

> Sometimes I need to  have a colored background for an entire page. I
> use pdftex. Pstricks could be used but that adds other complications
> to the workflow.  I would prefer a vector rather than a bitmapped
> process.

> As many of you know already I am LaTeX-intolerant.
And who can't sympathize with that?

> Any suggestions?
Attached find the file I use for colour in plain TeX.  Admittedly, it
does use some LaTeX facilities, but you can use it without getting
involved with macros (oops, commands) that might or might need *'s,
[]'s, and other such things.

After \input'ing that file, try something like
   \pagecolor{medblue}
   \textcolour{white}
and see if that gets you where you want to go.

If the comments in the file don't get you going, feel free to e-mail me.

Cheers.

				Jim