[pdftex] TeX as a composition server?

John Dey jsdey at optonline.net
Mon Oct 25 23:43:33 CEST 2010

One more thing--I ran the test with "time latex test.tex" and it took 12.3 seconds to create the dvi file, 5.5 seconds to go from dvi to ps (dvips) and then over 3 minutes to convert the dvi to pdf using ps2pdf (ghostscript).  Resulting pdf file was twice a large as the pdf file created from pdflatex.