[pdftex] TeX as a composition server?

Arthur Reutenauer arthur.reutenauer at normalesup.org
Sun Oct 24 17:10:23 CEST 2010

>                                         And then you can build you own
> library, of course (I guess luaotfload -- which isn't built in LuaTeX
> but is independent code -- does something like that, to avoid searching
> all directories each time a font is called).

  luaotfload simply uses ConTeXt code that has been extracted for that
purpose.  It is indeed some kind of library, as you say, although not in
the sense Martin meant ("shared library" in a narrower meaning).  But
what's certain is that it's really not a "system" library of any kind:
it's not related to the operating system and is platform-independent.

	Arthur