[pdftex] TeX as a composition server?

ivo welch ivo.welch at gmail.com
Sun Oct 24 01:31:48 CEST 2010

won't be me.  I am a casual user, though I do donate to various causes.

yes, it would be great if someone wrote a replacement for TeX and
LaTeX, taking the typesetting language and yanking the macro language.
 unfortunately, nothing whatsoever seems to be on the horizon.  heck,
I would pay good money for an alternative.  no such thing exists.

TUG has no real power, but it has moral suasion, and it does produce
the de-facto standard through its TeXLive distributions.  if it shows
no leadership, no one else will, either.  (yes, luatex may not be
ready, but when it is, making it THE standard would be a step in the
right direction.)

/iaw