[pdftex] typo in manual?

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 14:05:22 CEST 2010

On Thu, Jul 29, 2010 at 5:40 AM, Thanh Han The <hanthethanh at gmail.com> wrote:
> how about this:
>
> ,--------,
> | The command expands to a number that represents the time
> | elapsed from the moment of run start. The elapsed time is
> | returned in units of time, where 1 unit = 1/65536 second.
> | For example when this number is 655360, it means 10 seconds.

IMHO unit is too generic. Luckily, there are binary prefixes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binary_prefix

but 2^{16} or 2^{-16} is not among them (despite the fact that among
powers of 2  256 or 65536 = 256^2 are more natural than 2^{10}).

My suggestion: invent a prefix, as it is used somewhere else (scaled
points), insert into wikipedia and use it, pretending that it is
legitimate  :-)

Victor