[pdftex] Paper format - PDF

Robin Fairbairns Robin.Fairbairns at cl.cam.ac.uk
Wed Jan 20 15:32:50 CET 2010

Martin Schröder <martin at oneiros.de> wrote:

> 2010/1/20 Jan Öhman <Jan_Ohman at glocalnet.net>:
> > (I don't know where to find examples and manuals)...
>
> http://lmgtfy.com/?q=pdftex+manual

;-)

> http://www.pdftex.org
>
> > How can I:
> > - Change the orientation of the paper (from A4 portrait to landscape).
> > - Control the margins (I want a printable area to 10mm from the edges).
> > - Incorporate a "print date" or "change/create date" in the document
> > - Selecting the font? - What name should be listed?
> > (Is it the filename on the font file or the font name in Windows?)
> > - Give the font an color
>
> http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes

i'm not sure the faq is the best place to start, actually -- it makes
assumptions about basic knowledge.

perhaps something like
http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?label=man-latex
might set him off in a profitable direction.

(the documentation answers need a bit of work, but i've a release to get
out of the way first.)

robin