[pdftex] [tex-live] PDF 1.5 by default in TL 2010

Philip TAYLOR P.Taylor at Rhul.Ac.Uk
Wed Jan 13 14:16:54 CET 2010

Manuel Pegourie-Gonnard wrote:

 > Texdoc can't guess. But there is a personal config file
 > (TEXMFHOME/texdoc/texdoc.cnf) where you can set your preferred viewers.
 > (The plain old way: by giving the full path to the appropriate program,
 > rather that any file association.)

Hmmm.  TL 2009 : how do I find the value of "TEXMFHOME" ?
It isn't an environment variable, and the TL Manager doesn't
seem willing to disclose it even under the "Configuration"
tab, which is where I had (half-)expected it to be shewn ...

** Phil.