[pdftex] [tex-live] PDF 1.5 by default in TL 2010

Manuel Pegourie-Gonnard mpg at elzevir.fr
Tue Jan 12 17:14:22 CET 2010

Philip TAYLOR a écrit :
> For me, Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5 was the last successful
> version before Adobe started to split out functionality
> into so-called "Professional" and "Professional Extended"
> versions, and therefore remains my choice even today.
> Thus I would want to be able to view any PDFs generated
> using TeX Live 2010 in Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5 or Adobe
> Acrobat Reader 5.0.5.  I am far less interested in
> how small or how large my PDFs are, since I can always
> compress them using Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5.

So, assume you receive a document in PDF 1.5 format. Is it very inconvenient
for you to read, or can you cope with it?

IMO that is the real question. Most people seem to prefer smaller PDFs. If
that only makes the documents inconvenient to read for others, I think it's
acceptable. It would be more annoying if the documents were completely
unreadable for some users.

Manuel.