[pdftex] Blank lines are ignored when copying-and-pasting from PDF

martijn.list martijn.list at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 08:29:48 CET 2010

> Personally I would only use the /ActualText facility for small code
> fragments. Anything above half a dozen lines I would save as a file
> attachment, and to overcome Martijn's objection I would add a custom
> decoder to the PDF so as to allow the embedded files to be extracted, even
> when the end reader's PDF viewer cannot cope with attachments.

Hi James,

Interesting approach :) didn't know this was all possible with PDF.

My initial idea was to add the PGP key to the manual because then
readers wouldn't have to download the key. I now see that this is
actually harder than I thought :(

My software should be installed on a Linux (or Unix derivative) but I do
not know what PDF reader is used to read the PDF with. The PDF reader
that I use on Ubuntu seems not to understand /ActualTex. Adding the GPG
key as an attachment is possible but for my purpose it's probably more
problematic than it's worth. My experience is that most readers of my
installation guide only superfluously read the documentation so I want
to make sure that it always works.

I therefore decided to drop the idea of adding the PGP key :(

Thanks for all the help!

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers