[pdftex] Blank lines are ignored when copying-and-pasting from PDF

martijn.list martijn.list at gmail.com
Sat Jan 2 17:36:19 CET 2010

Hi,

I'm including a PGP public key block in my document using with verbatim:

\begin{verbatim}
\end{verbatim}

Now when I convert the Latex document to PDF (using pdflatex) the PDF
document shows the blank line between ...GnuPG v1.4.9 (GNU/Linux) and
mQGiBElP...

But, when I copy and paste the PGP key to a text editor it won't include
the blank line. Because the blank line is mandatory the result will be
an invalid PGP key. Is it possible to add a newline to the final PDF
output to make sure that copy-and-paste will include the blank line?

Kind regards,

Martijn Brinkers

PS I use pdftex 1.40 that comes with Ubuntu 8.10