[pdftex] Setting text rendering parameter

Paweł Jackowski P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl
Tue Sep 29 16:22:01 CEST 2009

Martin Schröder wrote:
> Hi,
> I'm playing with setting the text rendering parameter to outline
> (1 Tr). However this should be encapsulated in a pdf group together
> with setting the stroke width.
>
> A naive use is
>
> Hamburgensis
> \pdfsave\pdfliteral page {0.1 w 1 Tr}Hamburgensis\pdfrestore
> Hamburgensis
>
> But here you will only see two words since \pdfrestore (which gives
> a warning about being misplaced %) also restores the position to the
> start of the second word.

I love it too .) That's the reason I find \pdfsave/restore hardly
usable... (And that's why I love \latelua and pdf.x, pdf.y that much!)

I don't think one can do better then two trivials:

Hamburgensis
\pdfliteral page{q 0.1 w 1 Tr}
Hamburgensis
\pdfliteral page{Q}
Hamburgensis

(or)

Hamburgensis
\pdfliteral direct{0.1 w 1 Tr}
Hamburgensis
\pdfliteral direct{1 w 0 Tr}
Hamburgensis

the point is if you really need \pdfsave/restore?
--
Pawe/l Jackowski
P.Jackowski at gust.org.pl