[pdftex] Scaling problem with PNG images

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Thu Jul 30 12:03:43 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jul 30, 2009 at 07:03:15PM +1000, Behrang Saeedzadeh wrote:

> \usepackage{graphicx,color}

> \pdfimageresolution=72
> \includegraphics{term.png}

> But although that I have specified the DPI of the image via the
> \pdfimageresolution command, in the resulting PDF the image is scaled and
> rendered blurry:

\pdfimageresolution is not used, if the PNG file already contains
resolution data. \pdfimageresolution is just a default for the
case the image file lacks such data.

BTW, resolution can be set by option:
  \includegraphics[resolution=72]{term.png}
Or
  \setkeys{Gin}{resolution=72}

However it does have an effect in your case for term.png.
Thus you will need options `scale' or `width' and/or 'height'.

Yours sincerely
  Heiko <oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de>