[pdftex] Scaling problem with PNG images

Behrang Saeedzadeh behrangsa at gmail.com
Thu Jul 30 11:03:15 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I want the PNG images I use in my document to look as crisp and as they are
and not to be scaled in the final PDF document.

For example, I have taken this screenshot in OS X using the standard
Cmd+Shift+4 key combo:

https://files.getdropbox.com/u/34024/term.png

Then I include it in my document:

\documentclass[11pt,a4paper]{report}

\usepackage{graphicx,color}

\setlength{\parskip}{3mm}

\author{Behrang Saeedzadeh}
\title{PNGs and PDFLatex}

\begin{document}

\chapter{Include Graphics}
\section{PNG}

\pdfimageresolution=72
\includegraphics{term.png}

\end{document}

But although that I have specified the DPI of the image via the
\pdfimageresolution command, in the resulting PDF the image is scaled and
rendered blurry:

https://files.getdropbox.com/u/34024/test.pdf

Any ideas why is this happening and how can I force the image to be rendered
just the way it looks like on the screen?

Best regards,
Behrang Saeedzadeh