[pdftex] SVG/Inkscape drawings in pdftex

Piet van Oostrum piet at cs.uu.nl
Sun Jul 19 18:13:05 CEST 2009

>JB> Hans Hagen wrote:
>>>>
>>> just convert the svg to pdf (using inkscape)

>JB> I don't know how well inkscape pdf export works now, but I've had *much*
>JB> better results with exporting EPS (cropped to the objects) from inkscape
>JB> and then converting to pdf using epstopdf (not eps2pdf!).

For Inkscape 0.46 that certainly was true. Actually I myself had an
inkscape extension for PDF export that went this route, making it easier
to use. However, Inkscape 0.47 (prerelease) is much better, I think
mainly because the cairo conversion to PDF is better, so I no longer go
through epstopdf but directly to PDF. I haven't noticed bad outputs.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet at cs.uu.nl>
Private email: piet at vanoostrum.org