[pdftex] ``Reload'' function for Adobe Reader (Linux)

Alexander Grahn A.Grahn at fzd.de
Thu Jan 22 17:35:10 CET 2009

On Thu, Jan 22, 2009 at 08:18:40AM -0800, James Quirk wrote:
>To get a toolbar button,  you need only add:
>
>var oReloadButton = {
>  cName: "Reload",
>  cExec: "reloadCurrentDoc(event.target);",
>  cEnable: "event.rc = true",
>  cMarked: "event.rc = false",
>  cTooltext: "Reload Current PDF",
>  nPos: -1,
>  cLabel: "Reload"
>};
>
>app.addToolButton(oReloadButton);

James, I tried your code. Unfortunately, my acroread (8.1.3) crashes
(sementation fault) if there is more than one document open.

I found out that it is currentDoc.closeDoc() which fails if the event
is triggerd by clicking the tool button. The object currentDoc, however,
is valid, as I can output currentDoc.path to the console.

Alexander