[pdftex] no BoundingBox

Jan Anderssen jan at fallobst.de
Mon Feb 9 22:42:22 CET 2009

Hi Riccardo.

> (4) When I tipeset the (3)sourcefile, TexShop says that it does not
> find the  qqq file.
> If the  \includegraphics argument is qqq.pdf, TexShop says that the
> graphic file has no BoundingBox.

The problem is that you're trying to include a pdf rather than a (e)ps
file when your using latex -> dvips -> pstopdf.

There are in principle two options:
- if you can work without PSTricks (or use a wrapper that produces
intermediate pdf files like ps4pdf), use pdflatex
- otherwise include a ps file, e.g. by converting your cropped pdf
file to ps on the command line with pdf2ps (part of ghostscript, I
believe), or with Adobe Acrobat (save as ps).

But I think in your case, you should have a look at Pierre Chatelier's
LaTeXiT GUI (http://ktd.club.fr/programmation/latexit_en.php)? It does
all the cropping etc, and you can simply save the resulting image as
an .eps file, which will fit into your workflow.

P.S. For Mac-specific questions, such as TeXShop settings, there's
also the mac-tex mailing list: http://email.esm.psu.edu/mailman/listinfo/macosx-tex

Cheers,
Jan