[pdftex] where to get help

Christopher Charles Lanz lanzcc at potsdam.edu
Sun Aug 30 03:51:51 CEST 2009

Greetings,

I have recently begun using LaTex as published by MikTex. I have succeeded
at figuring out most of what I need.

I am also using the pdfTex that is installed with the MikTex package. Some
of it seems to work the way it's supposed to. As long as I avoid anything
complex it creates pdf's successfully.

Although I have here "The LaTex Web Companion" and the pdfTex Manual on
line, I am unfortunately unable to persuade a certain essential feature to
work. I need to create active links in the final PDF document - just to
navigate within the document.

I have tried to find example LaTex document code that uses this feature
but have failed. I cannot even get \pdfdest to exist without producing
errors. Of course, since it always creates errors, I cannot tell even if I
have the syntax right.

Can you direct me to unambiguous examples of the use of active links?

THANKS

Dr. Chris Lanz
x2464
lanzcc at potsdam.edu