[pdftex] ttc support

SUN Wenchang sunwch at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 14 07:41:43 CEST 2009

Dear All,

I have trouble with the ttc support of pdftex. After setting

  \pdfmapline{=gbksong at UGBK@ < simsun.ttc}

I got an error:

  !pdfTeX error: pdflatex.exe (file c:/Windows/fonts/simsun.ttc): can't find table `maxp'
 ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!

I am using TL 2009, the version of pdftex is

F:\>pdftex --version
pdfTeX 3.1415926-1.40.10-2.2 (Web2C 2009)
kpathsea version 5.0.0
Copyright 2009 Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
There is NO warranty.  Redistribution of this software is
covered by the terms of both the pdfTeX copyright and
the Lesser GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file
named COPYING and the pdfTeX source.
Primary author of pdfTeX: Peter Breitenlohner (eTeX)/Han The Thanh (pdfTeX).
Compiled with libpng 1.2.38; using libpng 1.2.38
Compiled with zlib 1.2.3; using zlib 1.2.3
Compiled with xpdf version 3.02pl3