[pdftex] PDF Converter vs. PDF Distiller

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Fri Aug 7 13:52:27 CEST 2009

2009/8/6 Donna Evans Isaacson <donna at pacificonemortgage.com>:
> Hi John,

Who's John? :-)

> this field.  Our company is looking for one program that can combine several
> PDF pages (documents) into one, add the “sign here” sticker and also convert
> pages from PDF to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.  I’ve seen advertisements
> for Converts and Distillers but not one program that does both.  Is there
> anything available?  And where would I look?

pdfTeX is a typsetting program that can produce PDFs and can include
PDFs, so combining several PDFs into one is no problem. Adding a
watermark or text to the resulting PDF is also easy.

More about pdftex here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pdftex
http://www.pdftex.org

Converting PDFs into Office formats is something different which
pdfTeX can't do; there are several commercial programs that claim to
be able to do that.

Best
   Martin