[pdftex] Embedding fonts

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Apr 11 13:51:00 CEST 2009

On Saturday 11 April 2009 12:45:59 am Arun Kejariwal wrote:
> Hi,
>
> For one my publications, I need to embed all the fonts in
> the pdf. However, in the pdf generated by pdflatex, the
> following three fonts - Courier-Bold, Times-Roman and
> Times-Bold - are NOT embedded.
>
> I changed the parameters in
> /usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg as suggested at
> http://do.whileloop.org/soft/tricks/pdflatex-fonts.php
> but that didn't help either.
>
> Any help would be much appreciated.
>

> Thanks,
> Arun

A quick fix would be to use different fonts.  There are font
families that resemble Times that will embed without
difficulty. Times of course should only  be used for narrow
column work, as in a newsletter.

The better fix is of course to set the switch in TeX that
makes it embed the Adobe "standard" fonts, but apparently
you did this already.

The original TeX ttfam typewriter font in its type 1 form is
also a decent substitute for Courier.

HTH
--
John Culleton