[pdftex] Embedding fonts

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sat Apr 11 13:04:20 CEST 2009

On  11 Apr, 2009, at 04:49, Wouter Bergmann Tiest wrote:

> On 11 Apr 2009, at 6:45, Arun Kejariwal wrote:
>
>> I changed the parameters in /usr/share/texmf/web2c/updmap.cfg
>
> One additional point:  updmap in my installation looks at /usr/local/
> teTeX/texmf.local/web2c/updmap.cfg

You're using teTeX; Arun seems to be using TeXLive.

kpsewhich '--format=web2c files' updmap.cfg

should show which is the valid updmap.cfg. But I think he should just
use, in a terminal session, the commands he found in

http://do.whileloop.org/soft/tricks/pdflatex-fonts.php

and post any further questions to TeXhax.

Best,

Axel