[pdftex] curiosity question on future pdf format support?

Thanh Han The hanthethanh at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 10:19:19 CEST 2008

On Sat, Oct 04, 2008 at 08:45:50PM -0400, ivo welch wrote:
> dear pdftex-perts:
>
> looking at wikipedia, I am learning of other pdf formats--pdf/a,
> pdf/x, pdf/ua.  then there is tagged pdf, too.  is the plan for pdftex
> to be able to create these pdf format outputs eventually, too?

there is some experimental support for tagged pdf:
http://sarovar.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=945&group_id=106&atid=495

creating pdf conforming to those formats often requires a
good deal of work on the macro and font side. It's possible
to create eg pdf/a-1[ab] from a "typical" latex article using
pdftex already, but it might fail for certain documents.

Thanh