[pdftex] Incorrect pdf produced from a single correct pdf file

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Oct 3 16:45:16 CEST 2008

On Friday 03 October 2008 09:03:42 am Martin Schröder wrote:

> Excuse me, but why are you using plain TeX instead of LaTeX or
> ConTeXt?
>
> Best
>    Martin

Some of us find plain pdftex simpler, less verbose, more controllable
and easier to understand.  After years of using mostly plain tex and
plain pdftex I finally bought ¨The LaTeX Companion" second edition.
It confirmed my worst suspicions. No wonder others hate TeX!

There are times when the special features of Context make it worth
while to use it.  But for everyday use I do much better in pdftex.
Font handling in particular is much easier IMO.  You need a font at a
given size---you define it, give it a size and give it a name.   I do
add in eplain.tex to give me a (controllable) TOC,  powerful indexing
commands and so forth.

--
John Culleton