[pdftex] Incorrect pdf produced from a single correct pdf file

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Oct 3 16:31:52 CEST 2008

On Friday 03 October 2008 05:31:07 am Smg Mailinglist Archive wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> I have a problem using pdftex to deal with a specific pdf file,
> http://perso.univ-rennes1.fr/denis.delgay-troise/RMI/Tds/RMItd24.pd
>f.
>
> Consider the following RMI24-tex.tex file.
>
> ----
> pdfximage{RMItd24.pdf}
> pdfrefximagethepdflastximage
> bye

> Thank you for any help.
> Olivier
If you use the \ character before each pdftex command it might work
better!

This routine works for me:
\pdfximage width .5\hsize{/usr/local/active/scribus/newbook.pdf}
\pdfrefximage\pdflastximage
\bye

The command \pdfrefximage <integer> requires the number of a
previously defined image. \pdflastximage delivers the number of the
last image defined. The above would also work with
\pdfrefximage 1

HTH
--
John Culleton