[pdftex] Notes in documents created with pdfLaTeX

Martin Heller mr_heller at yahoo.dk
Wed May 28 11:14:14 CEST 2008

Notes in pdf documents created with pdfLaTeX does not print
correcty from Acrobat Reader 8.0 and Acrobat Professional 7.0.

This document

\documentclass{scrartcl}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\usepackage{pdfnotiz}
\usepackage{lipsum}
\begin{document}
\pdfmarginnote[Note]{This is a note.}
\lipsum
\end{document}

when printed with comments summary (Ctrl+T in Acrobat
Reader/Professional) will not print the text (Lorem ipsum...).

This prints correctly (documentclass changed):

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\usepackage{pdfnotiz}
\usepackage{lipsum}
\begin{document}
\pdfmarginnote[Note]{This is a note.}
\lipsum
\end{document}

If I add a note with Acrobat Professional in this document

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{lipsum}
\begin{document}
\lipsum
\end{document}

The text does not print. I can compile the same document with
latex -> dvips -> ps2pdf and add a note with Acrobat Professionel
and it prints correctly.

If I add a note with Acrobat Professional in this document
(hyperref added)

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\usepackage{lipsum}
\begin{document}
\lipsum
\end{document}

and compile with pdflatex it prints correctly.

I am using MikTeX 2.6 with the latest updates installed with the
package manager.

This is pdfTeX, Version 3.141592-1.40.4 (MiKTeX 2.6) (preloaded
format=pdflatex 2008.2.28)  28 MAY 2008 11:07
entering extended mode