[pdftex] MikTeX 2.6, How do I run the PDFTEX routine from MS Windows

Dr. Henry Makowitz Hmakowitz at GoBigWest.com
Sat Mar 15 06:25:50 CET 2008

 Sirs,

I have "successfully" installed MikTeX 2.6 from;
http://www.miktex.org/2.6/Default.aspx  !!!!

I am having a hard time understanding how to initiate
the processing of a ".tex" input file by MikTeX 2.6
and run the PDFTEX routine to produce a "PDF" output
file from a ".tex" input file.

Does anyone have specific instructions that they can provide me.
I have reviewed the FAQ and Instruction Manual but I do not
see how to run the PDFTEX  routine from MS Windows ??
Do I need to execute an instruction stream from DOS ??

I am using Windows ME, and a HP 7855 Pavilion PC Desktop PC
(old machine but reliable ).. The Explorer is Ver. 6.0.2800....

Best,
Dr. Henry Makowitz