[pdftex] PDF/X1a

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Sat Mar 1 01:44:03 CET 2008

On Thursday 28 February 2008 05:31:22 pm John Culleton wrote:
> The new LSI printing specs require that a book block be set at PDF/X-1a or
> PDF/X-1a:2001, an old standard dating back to 2001.  Ironically this is
> necessary for one to use their newest OCE printer. pdftex files use a
> different notation, on my copy PDF-1.4. It may be that LSI is looking for
> the exact string PDF/X-1a in the pdf file.
>
> Two problems. First we are dealing with two different notations. Second,
> PDF-1.4 may not be correct and PDF-1.5 may be the equivalent.
>
> Does anyone have any clarification on this?

Further on the above. My source for such things states that the string
PDF/X
must appear somewhere in the file to indicate compliance with the
PDF/X-1a:2001 standard. This does not appear in any of my pdftex produced
files. I can of course patch that into the file with an editor but I doubt
that would be sufficient.

Comments?

--
John Culleton