[pdftex] pdfbookmark problems with auto-greek or iso-8859-7

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Mon Jun 30 21:49:07 CEST 2008

> In my first tries the \pdfbookmark has worked only before a
> \begin{CJK} environment but not within or after.  Using the
> "CJKbookmarks" option for hyperref:
>
> \usepackage[CJKbookmarks]{hyperref}
>
> made the \pdfbookmarks usable anywhere but made the bookmark
> completely unreadable too :-(
>
> In Google I found an article about the CJK option "encapsulated"
> with which it's working now .... Yipiii !
>
> Hope I don't get the "save size" problem as indicated in your
> documentation (the final PDF will have about 300 pages and 250MB in
> size).
>
> Is this the right way to handle the bookmarks ?

Again: Sample code, please.  I think your solution is not the optimal
one.

> Is it possible to embed type1 fonts instead of the truetypes ones?

Of course, and pdfTeX does that.

> I also need to convert another one from one of the "Corporate
> Identity" list. Can I do the same conversion with on of them (if
> they contain the glyphs) as I made with the Cyberbit font?

I don't understand what you mean here.  Please explain.

> BTW: Here's my current test document

Ah, sorry, using `CJK' doesn't work correctly; you need the `CJKutf8'
package for proper bookmark support, as below.  And you don't need the
`ucs' package at all.

    Werner

\documentclass{book}

\usepackage{CJKutf8}
\usepackage[unicode]{hyperref}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}

% we want the Unicode font for normal text also
\DeclareFontFamily{T1}{cyberbit}{}
\DeclareFontShape{T1}{cyberbit}{m}{n}{<-> cyberbit00}{}
\renewcommand\rmdefault{cyberbit}

\begin{document}

\begin{CJK}{UTF8}{cyberbit}
  \pdfbookmark[1]{Λαμπτήρες Αλογόνων Test abc}{BM_4554}
  Στιβαρής κατασκευής,χαμηλής πίεσης λαμπτήρας με UV Block (IEC~357)

  \pdfbookmark[1]{Test 2 Λαμπτήρες Αλογόνων}{BM_4555}
  Hello World!

  Καλημέρα κόσμε

  \pdfbookmark[2]{Λαμπτήρες 12V Αλογόνων}{BM_4556}

  \newpage
\end{CJK}

\end{document}