[pdftex] pdfbookmark problems with auto-greek or iso-8859-7

Werner LEMBERG wl at gnu.org
Mon Jun 30 10:09:19 CEST 2008

> > I've attached the UTF8.tex sample file from the CJK package.
>
> Lot thanks for the ideas and the sample.
> I played a little bit with it but I've some problems.
>
> 1.) I couldn't get the \pdfbookmarks working with it. Should
>     \pdfbookmarks with mixed characters work also with CJK?

Yes.  Sample code, please.

> 2.) I got errors with:
>       \DeclareFontFamily{T1}{song}{}
>       \DeclareFontShape{T1}{song}{m}{n}{<-> cyberb00}{}
>       \renewcommand\rmdefault{song}
>     and disabled them for testing. Is this the reason why I only get
>     "the bad" Type3 fonts in the output?

Well, you have to tell pdftex that cyberbit.ttf is a TrueType font.
For license reasons, TeXLive doesn't come with that font, and your
setup probably uses ttf2pk instead.  The CJK package (and pdftex)
contains documentation which describes how to register TrueType fonts
for pdftex.

    Werner