[pdftex] pdfbookmark problems with auto-greek or iso-8859-7

Jörg Ebeling joerg.ebeling at shbe.net
Thu Jun 26 01:50:05 CEST 2008

Hi Werner,

first of all: Lot thanks for your very fast answer, and: Sorry for my
very late response !
I immediately read your answer when it arrived and I've been really hot
to try your remarks but I've been totally busy and only want answer if
I've something useful to say.

Well,

Werner LEMBERG schrieb:
>> Building the document in utf8x encoding results in nice bookmarks, but
>> then I can't mix Latin and Greek letters anymore.
>>

> Try the stuff from here:
>
>   http://www.latex-project.org/cgi-bin/ltxbugs2html?pr=babel/4015

I checked that stuff, but I'm not sure if I tried it in the right way,
or even if I made something different wrong.

I also found his very detailed article @
http://www.eutypon.gr/eutypon/pdf/e2008-20/e20-a03.pdf, but hasn't
helped me very well.

So please let me describe what I made:

I copied the lgrenc.def stuff from the article to the place where my
lgrenc.def has been which is /usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/generic/babel
(I'm using Debian).
Then I copied the lgrenc.dfu from the article and due to the fact that I
didn't had a lgrenc.dfu I tried it one time at the same position as the
.def file and one time at the position where I found some other .dfu
files which is /usr/share/texmf-tetex/tex/latex/base.
Both tries I made an "texconfig rehash" and a "update-texmf" which I
guess is doubly... who cares ^^.

Here I made a very small example how I tried to use it:
====================
\documentclass[pdftex]{book}
\usepackage[unicode=true,pdftex]{hyperref}
\usepackage{ucs}
\usepackage[utf8x]{inputenc}
\usepackage[LGR]{fontenc}
\usepackage[greek, english]{babel}
\PreloadUnicodePage{3}

\begin{document}

\pdfbookmark[1]{????????? ????????}{BM_4555}
???????? ??????????,??????? ?????? ????????? ?? UV Block(IEC~357)

\end{document}
====================

Unfortunately, it hasn't worked as I hoped.
The Latin stuff (UV Block ...) gets written in Greek letters :-( .

Did I made something wrong or do you have any other idea ?

Thanks in advance !

    Jörg

Soft- & Hardware Beratung Ebeling
Jörg Ebeling