[pdftex] \texorpdfstring and \ge \le

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 15:01:19 CEST 2008

On Wed, Jun 18, 2008 at 8:53 AM, Gerree Pecht <gerree at math.princeton.edu> wrote:
> Hello ...
>

> As of lately, most of the questions regarding pdf-TeX
> ... I'm not familiar with ...
> \texorpdfstring on pdf side ... ??
>
> What type of system/software packages are you using?
>
> I work on a Linux system ...
>
> ?

We are discussing (pdf)LaTeX with hyperref. It generates bookmarks
(among other things). The problem is that if \section{} contains
mathematical expressions bookmark title is a bit funny. Look at pdf
generated from

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[unicode]{hyperref}
\begin{document}

\section{$\Psi$ is cool}
\newpage
\section{\texorpdfstring{$\Psi$ is cool}{\textPsi\ is cool}}
\end{document}

\section{