[pdftex] pdfbookmark problems with auto-greek or iso-8859-7

Jörg Ebeling joerg.ebeling at shbe.net
Wed Jun 18 02:06:29 CEST 2008

Hi Folks,

I'm working on a Greek catalog in which I need to mix Latin and Greek
letters.
The best solution I found for this (till now) has been the "auto-greek"
package. It's functionality is founded in the use of the iso-8859-7
encoding.
But when using iso-8859-7 encoding the \pdfbookmark outputs quirky
bookmarks in a total wrong encoding.
I also tried to have the document iso-8859-7 encoded but placed utf-8
encoded text inside the \pdfbookmark which also does quirky output.

Building the document in utf8x encoding results in nice bookmarks, but
then I can't mix Latin and Greek letters anymore.

Does anybody has a solution for me ?

Kind regards

    Jörg Ebeling

Soft- & Hardware Beratung Ebeling