[pdftex] Enabling PDF annotation for Adobe Acrobat reader

Victor Ivrii vivrii at gmail.com
Tue Jun 3 13:17:36 CEST 2008

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 7:08 AM, Michael Chapman <pdftex at mchapman.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 June 2008 9:17 am, Martin Schröder wrote:
>> 2008/6/3 Martin Heller <mr_heller at yahoo.dk>:
>> > <http://sourceforge.net/projects/arenable/> but I think it is a
>> > vioalation of the Adobe Reader/Adobe Professional EULA.

Surely it is not a violation of Acrobat Pro EULA:  the whole idea of
arenable is to perform some functions available in Acrobat. If written
for UNIX it would be even substitution for Acrobat missing on these
platforms (sometime ago Adobe explained that they do not consider
Acrobat for Linux commercially feasible).

Reader is the other story and one must use Reader to exploit the files
tempered by arenable. Anyway, I have heard that Reader 8 is able to
recognize such files.

BTW, Acrobat 9 is officially announced and public trial would start
"soon" (see http://www.adobe.com > Downloads > Acrobat 9)