[pdftex] Setting annotation flags in links created by hyperref

David Rendon darfguard-latex at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 18 06:27:52 CET 2008

Hello,

I need to set the "Print" annotation flag for each link created by
hyperref, in order to get Adobe Acrobat Professional 8 to generate a
PDF/A compliant file from the PDF created by pdftex.

(For those lost, I'm talking about the 'F' key described in Tables
8.15 (page 606) and 8.16 (page 608) of the PDF Reference found here: http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdf_reference.pdf
  )

So far, I have been able to do so by editing the PDF with a hex editor
and inserting "/F 4" for every link. That's of course not very user-
friendly.

Fortunately, on 2007-10-29 Heiko Oberdiek added  "form field options
for flag setting" to hyperref, as documented in the ChangeLog found in:
http://www.ctan.org/tex-archive/macros/latex/contrib/hyperref/

I downloaded the latest package from the above link, and it appears to
be working. The instructions have not made it yet to the official
manual, but we are directed to the README file.

In section 5 (New Features), the README file says:

> Flag options for PDF forms
> --------------------------
>  PDF form field macros (\TextField, \CheckBox, ...) support
>  boolean flag options. The option name is the lowercase
>  version of the names in the PDF specification (1.7):
>    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/pdf/pdf_reference.html
>    http://www.adobe.com/devnet/acrobat/pdfs/pdf_reference.pdf
>  Options (convert to lowercase) except flags in square brackets:
>  * Table 8.16 Annotation flags (page 608):
>    1 Invisible
>    2 Hidden (PDF 1.2)
>    3 Print (PDF 1.2)
>    4 NoZoom (PDF 1.3)
>    5 NoRotate (PDF 1.3)

This is exactly what I need! But... what does it mean?

My interpretation was that I needed to include in the preamble
something along the lines of:
\hypersetup{print=true}

Alas, it doesn't work ("Package keyval Error: print undefined.")
Neither does many similar options I have tried.

Am I misunderstanding the instructions completely? If so: What should
I add to the preamble to set the print flag in every link?

Thanks,

David

(Please disregard a possible duplicate message sent from the wrong
account.)