[pdftex] PDF/X1a

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Thu Feb 28 23:31:22 CET 2008

The new LSI printing specs require that a book block be set at PDF/X-1a or
PDF/X-1a:2001, an old standard dating back to 2001.  Ironically this is
necessary for one to use their newest OCE printer. pdftex files use a
different notation, on my copy PDF-1.4. It may be that LSI is looking for the
exact string PDF/X-1a in the pdf file.

Two problems. First we are dealing with two different notations. Second,
PDF-1.4 may not be correct and PDF-1.5 may be the equivalent.

Does anyone have any clarification on this?

--
John Culleton
Precision Typesetting