[pdftex] Sophiscticated error

Aleks Kleyn Aleks_Kleyn at MailAPS.org
Sun Feb 17 07:29:29 CET 2008

Nobody answered this message. However I think there exist way to debug such
error. After long break I return to the problem and even this is not easy
task I started from A.aux. At the end of file I found the text

\@writefile{lot}{\contentsline {table}{\numberline {10.1}{\ignorespaces
Doppler shift on the Earth of a wave emitted from S2; mass of Sgr A is
$4.1_{10}6 M_\odot $ \def endCite{Ghez}]\def
[{[}endCite,}}{18}{table.English.10.1}}

which was the source of error. Original text is

\begin{table}[h]
\caption{Doppler shift on the Earth of a wave emitted from S2;
mass of Sgr A is $4.1_{10}6 M_\odot$ \citeBib{Ghez}}
\label{table:DShift1S2}
\begin{tabular}{|c|c|c|}
\hline
&pericentre&apocentre\\
\hline
distance cm&$1.868_{10}15$&$2.769_{10}16$\\
\hline
\end{tabular}

Difference between two measurements of wavelength is $13.098\AA$
\end{table}

Where \citebib is part of the code

\def\StartCite{[}%l
\def\citeBib#1{\showCiteBib#1,endCite,}%
\def\endCite{endCite}%
\def\showCiteBib#1,{\def\temp{#1}%
\ifx\temp\endCite
]%
\def\StartCite{[}%

As soon as I commented caption the error in B.tex disappeared. Two questions
arise

How I can find such errors in future?

Why caption appeared in A.aux when I never use it in \ref macro

Aleks Kleyn
http://www.geocities.com/aleks_kleyn