[pdftex] Problem with hyperref to create a PDF/A

David Rendon darfguard-latex at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 1 02:02:39 CET 2008

Hello, Laurent,

I'm far from an expert, but since apparently I'm the only other user
here needing PDF/A, I'm willing to give you a hand.

On Jan 31, 2008, at 3:24 PM, Laurent Tantot wrote:
> I never use pdflatex because each time I tried the images did not
> appear.

Are you inserting EPS images? I think pdflatex only works with PDF,
PNG and JPEG. And if you use embedded PDF graphics, avoid
transparencies: Acrobat will choke with them also.

> However, I tried yesterday just to test your hack, but again, I
> could not
> convert the PDF into a PDF/A. Maybe I should try with 5, 6, or 7...

Do you mean Acrobat 5, 6, 7? If so: PDF/A creation was first added to
Acrobat 7, but it's buggy and doesn't do PDF to PDF/A conversion AFAIK.

Send me a minimal PDF file created this way, but regenerate it
(Acrobat will modify it when you attempt to convert it to PDF/A). I'll
take a look.

> However, all works fine (from a PS file) if I disable hyperref, but my
> document isn't the same...

I know, I had the same problem with PDFs created with pdflatex:
without hyperref everything is peachy, but I *need* the hyperlinks.

Good luck,

David