[pdftex] \pdfstartlink attributes

Heiko Oberdiek oberdiek at uni-freiburg.de
Thu Aug 14 16:54:53 CEST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 08:34:47AM -0400, Gerree Pecht wrote:

> What are you talking about?

Strange, I want to ask you the same question.
Especially with your annoying quoting style (TOFU)
I don't know which part of my answer you are referring to.

> I work on a Linux OS ... does this apply to me?

Again, your quoting style doesn't show what you mean with "this".
Are you referring to your previous question?

> I was informed that I can't "edit" .pdf files from my system.

* It is possible, I do this often, especially for debugging or
  experiments. But some familiarity with the pdf specification
  is necessary in order to prevent invalidation of a PDF file.
  (This can easily happen by adding/deleting of a single byte).
* Why do you want to "edit" pdf files?
* I haven't meantioned editing at all:

> >For testing/debugging it is a good idea to look at the
> >generated PDF file directly (using a text/hex viewer/editor).

  Here I wrote about "looking" (=viewing).

> What do I need to be able to edit a .pdf file on Linux?

  a) Knowledge of the PDF format.
  b) Editor.

  But why do you want to edit PDF files?
  But I doubt that you want to do it.